One in three children in Spain brushes their teeth less than twice a day. Teaching children to brush their teeth and get it to become a daily habit is the responsibility of the parents. And an essential condition for our children to have good oral health.
By age two, when the child already has most of the teeth, it is good to learn how to use the toothbrush. At three years old he will begin to master the technique and will be able to start brushing himself.
- To awaken their interest, buy a child brush with soft bristles that carries a doll.
- Clean your teeth with him so he can see how to do it. Teach him to always follow the same order, without forgetting the external part, the internal part and the horizontal part.
- It is advisable to always brush your teeth in the presence of an adult. If you do not have time to watch him well, it is preferable to have a single thorough brushing at night than two or three a day badly done.
- Accustomed to the child not to eat anything after brushing.
- To begin with, you can take it as a game in front of the mirror: it consists of sticking out your tongue, opening your mouth a lot and using the brush inside of it.
ADVANTAGES OF MAKING A CORRECT HYGIENE:
- Prevent gingivitis by removing accumulated tartar.
- It improves the appearance of the teeth and gives a healthy and careful feeling of the teeth.
- It is essential to prevent cavities.
- Prevent halitosis (bad breath), one of the symptoms that can most affect the social life of the patient.