“THE PRACTICALLY INVISIBLE WAY TO ALIGN YOUR TEETH”
In our Dental Clinic in Altea we are specialists in the INVISALIGN Invisible Orthodontics system.
INVISALIGN is a personalized orthodontic appliance, it consists of correcting the dental misplacement through TRANSPARENT and removable aligners custom-made in each patient from a 3D planning.
¿How INVISALIGN works?
After Dr. Sara Velez conducts the study, she elaborates a treatment plan through the virtual 3D program. This program shows the movements planned for the teeth, in this way you can see the final result before starting it.
Once INVISALIGN invisible orthodontic treatment begins, you will take each set of personalized aligners for 2 weeks. With each aligner change you can see how your teeth move until they are in the final position.
- Invisalign is transparent: With Invisalign no one will notice that you are in treatment.
- Invisalign is removable: You take it off to eat and brush your teeth.
- Invisalign is clean: You can eat everything, brush your teeth and floss.
- Invisalign is comfortable: No wires or metal devices that irritate your mouth. No emergency appointments for fallen brackets or wires that prick. More spaced reviews, every 4-6-8 weeks.
- Invisalign is predictable: Thanks to the ClinCheck software we can see in a movie how your teeth are going to move, how they will look and how long. And together with the experience of Dr. Sara Velez is our guarantee of success.
Also available for teenagers
- Initial assessment, complete orthodontic study and advice on the most indicated treatment.
- Taking records of the teeth, and sending them to Invisalign for processing following the instructions given by the orthodontist. The treatment plan is established by the orthodontist and never by Invisalign, so it is so important to put yourself in the hands of an expert in this technique with certification. Invisalign will perform a 3D virtual treatment of your teeth where you can see in a movie the planned treatment plan.
- Invisalign manufactures the aligners transforming the 3D images into a set of transparent and removable aligners, made to measure. The entire treatment is manufactured at the same time.
- On your next visit to the clinic you will receive your first sets of Invisalign transparent aligners. The patient changes the aligners at home, going to check every 4-6-8 weeks.
- You will wear each Invisalign Aligner day and night for 2 weeks, taking it off only for eating, drinking, brushing your teeth and flossing.
WHAT DOES INVISALIGN DIFFER FROM OTHER ORTHODONTIC TECHNIQUES WITH TRANSPARENT CASES?
Today Invisalign is the undisputed world leader in this type of orthodontic techniques for multiple reasons, the following being the most important:
- Behind Invisalign there are 10 years of huge investments in research and development, technology, patents and a database of more than 3 million patients treated with invisalign worldwide. Align Technology is listed on the stock exchange and has more than 260 engineers perfecting the technique day by day.
- The result of all this research has recently launched a new plastic more elastic and more constant forces, SmartTrack.
- The introduction of biomechanics in the Invisalign aligners marked a before and after in this technique. Invisalign designed some tiny transparent support points that adhere to the teeth as “bracketts” allowing the aligners to push the teeth obtaining better clinical results in less time, they are called “attachments”. The Invisalign aligners are preactivated to make force on the active surface of these “attachments”.
Some people may feel a small temporary discomfort during the first few days at the start of each new stage of Invisalign treatment, when a new aligner is put on. This is normal and is usually described as a feeling of pressure. It’s the sign that Invisalign aligners are working well, moving their teeth gradually and helping you achieve the desired end result. These discomforts usually disappear in a couple of days.
During the Invisalign treatment can I eat or drink with the aligners on?
For hygiene and physical integrity of the aligner it is not recommended to eat or drink anything except water with the aligners on. With Invisalign, unlike other fixed orthodontic techniques, you can eat everything and then brush your teeth without the difficulty of having wires between your teeth.
The vast majority of patients say they are not affected in the way they talk. However, as with traditional orthodontic appliances, with Invisalign there is a period of initial adaptation due to having something new in the mouth.
Aligners, practically invisible, are made of a thermoplastic material of high resistance medical use, developed exclusively for the Invisalign system. The aligners are made to your specifications and fit perfectly to your teeth.
With Invisalign can I smoke while wearing the aligners?
Smoking is discouraged when wearing aligners, as they may stain or discolor.
Is Invisalign as effective as brackets?
As every orthodontic technique has its indications, advantages and disadvantages. However, with Invisalign we have more means to get space without the need for extractions. Well indicated, Invisalign is just as effective and can even be faster than traditional orthodontics. It works especially well in open bite treatments and separate teeth. In our clinic, 90% of adult orthodontics are performed with Invisalign.